Job title

Nina Mchale milehighbrarian at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 6 15:06:10 EDT 2012

William and all,

I think this is becoming more commonplace--supplanting "traditional" titles
with more tech-themed ones--and is a natural evolution as new user needs
and service opportunities develop. Very, very few libraries actually have
the resources to support the types of online environments we're shooting to
build, maintain, and sustain to stay relevant in our users' eyes, and it's
natural to shift positions and titles like this. Heck, my own career is a
product of it; three jobs ago, I was Reference/Head of Instruction.
Now=sysadmin for web. This isn't to say that public services roles are less
important; we just need to provide the full infrastructure for our online
selves. :)

--
Nina

Nina McHale, MA/MSLS