reader's advisory databases

Marcie Brandriff mbrandriff2 at CWMARS.ORG
Sat Jan 28 09:52:44 EST 2012

NoveList certainly, an Ebsco product. It has various iterations, such as fiction only or fiction and nonfiction. It covers all ages from kids to adults and can offer links to your library's catalog so patrons can tell quickly whether your system owns a particular book. (Check out http://www.ebscohost.com/public -- use the menu to see the several choices concerning NoveList.)

Fiction Connection was a favorite at one of my past jobs, but last I knew it only came bundled with Bowker's Books in Print. (http://www.bowkersupport.com/library/products/fc.htm)

In the last couple of years our consortium here in Massachusetts added Books and Authors from Gale (http://www.gale.cengage.com/booksandauthors/). It can do fiction and nonfiction for all ages, and I think it's easier to browse than NoveList. NoveList is more handy for matching a particular title.

Marcie Brandriff

Librarian

Northborough Free Library

34 Main Street