Endnote as a library catalog

Tim Spalding tim at LIBRARYTHING.COM
Fri Jan 27 12:00:58 EST 2012

The best way to put it is this:

LibraryThing has two "levels" in play at every moment—(1) your own
library and (2) a global layer.

Your own data is your own, drawn from any of 700 libraries and
editable. This is what you see in your catalog. But because everyone's
doing this on the same site, we herd that data together to create the
global layer.

If you only care about your data, that's fine. You can shut your eyes
to the rest of it. If you want to see what other people have tagged
something, or whatever, that's available too.

Best,
Tim