Locking down IE on public computers

Marcie Brandriff mbrandriff2 at CWMARS.ORG
Thu Jan 12 15:57:16 EST 2012

We are using Public Web Browser but are looking to switch to Internet Explorer. However, we need a way to lock down certain functions so patrons can't make too many changes to it. Any suggestions for either hiding the menus or locking down the Tools menu and maybe Favorites and also disabling the ability to download and install toolbars?

We do have Fortres, but they don't lock down anything inside the browser. The IT guy there suggested using Microsoft Policies, but I'm having a hard time searching the Microsoft website because there's so much information there and I don't really know what I'm looking for. Any suggestions here would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

Marcie Brandriff

Librarian

Northborough Free Library