Technology & Policy/Legislation - Online Conference

Christine Peterson peterson at AMIGOS.ORG
Thu Jan 5 00:12:53 EST 2012

Implementing technologies in this age of changing regulations and legislation is not an easy task. In this online conference, we'll delve into some of the most important and influential laws, regulations, and policies libraries are currently dealing with.

Title: Technology: Unexpected Consequences of Legislation and Policies in Libraries
When: 9:00am - 4:00pm central, Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Where:  Online - from the comfort of your office
Website:  http://www.amigos.org/tech_conference
Early Bird Deadline: January 25, 2012

John Carlo Bertot will begin the conference by discussing how the current information and telecommunications policy legislative and policy infrastructure is rapidly becoming obsolete and how the proposed solutions are creating potential barriers to libraries.

>From there, enjoy presentations on the current and potential ramifications of topics like Section 508, the Digital Public Library of America, HathiTrust, the Open Library, digital rights management, the cloud, Internet2, and licensing, as well as policy discussions that incorporate both local and federal issues.

Seating is limited and early bird registration ends Jan 25, 2012.  Both individuals and groups are welcome. Recordings will be available to all registrants. To learn more and to register, visit the conference website at http://www.amigos.org/tech_conference.

Christine Peterson
Continuing Education Librarian
Amigos Library Services, Inc.
800-843-8482 x2891