Teens - Public Library web presence

Stokes Lauren P. stokesl at LVCCLD.ORG
Thu Feb 2 12:07:57 EST 2012

Bret,
We have a Teen link on our home page http://lvccld.org  which goes to a page within the website - http://lvccld.org/teen/index.cfm  I have the stats for the various pages within the site however Web4Lib does not allow attachments or screen shots.  If you would like them please send me your direct email address. I can tell you the Great Reads page (reading suggestions) is the most accessed.  It is driven by BookLetters so the titles change monthly.
We had a teen facebook page for 2 summers (2010 and 2011) for summer reading.  However, the YPL staff did not post very often on it and it received very few fans.  In September 2010, we started a library facebook page and at that time we removed the Teen facebook page with no plans to reinstate it.
It's hard to say what age group is using the site.  I do know that most teens do not use the teen Homework Help site.  Instead they go to Search by Topic for the library databases.
Lauren Stokes
Virtual Library Manager
Las Vegas-Clark County Library District
7060 W. Windmill Ln
Las Vegas, NV 89113
702.507.6302

Read eBooks<http://ebooks.lvccld.org/>
Visit us on Facebook<http://facebook.com/lvccldlibrary>, Twitter<http://twitter.com/lvccld>, or eRead Me Vegas<http://www.readmevegas.blogspot.com/>

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Bret Parker
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 5:35 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Teens - Public Library web presence

Questions for the group on Teen pages. Please do not feel constrained to limit your response to these 5 questions. The first question is the most important

1. For those who have teen sites for your library's web presence, what are your web hits?

2. What teen participation do these pages provide (web 2.0 is ok)?

3. What are preferred features for teens at your site?

4. How do teens most often use your teen pages?  (perhaps tweens really use the pages and the teens have moved on?)

5. Do you hang the teen site off the library's web site or does it have its own host header or domain?

Thanks.

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2012-02-01

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/