Registration now open for Library Technology Conference 2013

Ron Joslin joslin at MACALESTER.EDU
Thu Dec 13 07:42:15 EST 2012

Library Technology Conference 2013
March 20-21, 2013
Macalester College, St. Paul, MN

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! <http://libtechconf.org/registration>
This year's Library Technology Conference is again intended to provide
an opportunity for library professionals and the technologists who
support them to discuss the technologies that are affecting library
services; to see examples of what libraries are doing with these
technologies; and to provide a venue where participants can learn
specific skills or knowledge that they can take back and adapt for use
within their own library. The number of conference participants will
be limited to no more than 450 in order to help ensure a quality
conference experience and to help facilitate the interactive and
hands-on nature of many of the sessions.

We are very pleased to have two keynote speakers highlighting this
year's conference:

   - *Virginia Eubanks* is the cofounder of Our Knowledge, Our
   Power (OKOP) and the Popular Technology Workshops, which
   help community organizations and social movements make the
   connection between technology and their other social justice
   goals. She is the author of *Digital Dead End: Fighting for Social
   Justice in the Information Age* (MIT Press, 2011) and she teaches
   in the Department of Women's Studies at the University at
   Albany, SUNY.
   - *Kimberly Bryant* founded Black Girls CODE
   to create an initiative that aims to introduce and nurture an interest
   in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math professions to
   young black girls between the ages 7 – 17.

The two-day conference will also include more than 85 conference
sessions – traditional lecture-style sessions, hands-on / workshop
sessions, interactive technology dialogue sessions, and poster
sessions.  From Cloud Computing to GIS, iPads to e-books, and digital
collections to digital literacy – a wide range of library
technology-related
topics are covered during Lib Tech 2013 sessions.

We hope that you will make plans to join us for this conference!  Please
register early <http://libtechconf.org/registration> in order to ensure
your
spot at the conference.  Registration will close once we reach 450
participants.

For more information, visit the conference website <http://libtechconf.org/>
.

Have additional questions or need more information? Please contact us
at libtechconference at macalester.edu
<mailto:libtechconference at macalester.edu>
 .

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/