SOBA: How are MOOCs Changing Science Education? > December 10 2012 > 4PM - 5:30 PM ET

Norma Jean Hewlett hewlett at USFCA.EDU
Wed Dec 5 17:36:03 EST 2012

The Stanford AI course was the first mooc I took, and like Steven, I found
that it required more math than I know. I used Kahn videos to try and catch
up. I guess that could be considered "research" tho I never thought of it
that way.

I spent a lot of time watching Kahn videos, and there were very helpful. It
also gave me a good perspective on what they can and can't do. They're a
wonderful online resource, but far from the educational wonder that some
people seem to think they are. (I've always wondered just how much those
people have actually watched any and/or used them to learn something.)

Jean Hewlett
University of San Francisco