QR codes and accessibility

Deborah Stanley dstanley at UGA.EDU
Fri Aug 31 16:17:55 EDT 2012

Hi. Yes, I'm discovering more about this as I dig into it, and I can
see there must be all kinds of problems. Interestingly, there is a new
Android phone (or software you can download to your Android phone)
called Georgie, which is for visually impaired users:
http://paritynews.com/hardware/item/52-georgie-smartphone-for-the-blind-visually-impaired
. It's from the UK. Looks like you can get it here too:
http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/16/georgie-app-offers-up-android-features-and-voice-guided-menus-visually-impaired/

Someone just told me that SIRI on the iPhone can read QR codes, btw.

Deborah

dstanley at uga.edu
Phone: (706) 542-0656