Web Stats Benchmarks for Research Guides

Cecily Walker cecily.walker at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 22 14:46:21 EDT 2012

Hello!

De-lurking to ask a question about performance indicators and
statistics for research guides and pathfinders. What sort of
benchmarks do you use to determine whether a research guide should be
weeded from your collection? A couple of years ago, we did a mass cull
of the research guides on our website in preparation for a move to
LibGuides. While we love the LibGuides platform, our usage stats
haven't rebounded the way we thought they would, and we've discovered
that the benchmarks we used prior to the conversion don't really work
for the guides we migrated to the new platform.

Any ideas you'd like to share are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Cecily Walker
Acting Assistant Manager, Website & Community Development
Vancouver Public Library