Silverlight

Judith Brink-Drescher jbrink-drescher at MOLLOY.EDU
Tue Aug 21 17:25:44 EDT 2012

Silverlight is directly connected to the video service SWANK that we subscribe to. Initially I had my doubts and also struggled with Windows 7 issues but then the problems cleared up all by themselves. Then, I discovered a flip4mac enhancement that allows a conversion of Silverlight so now it plays seamlessly on the Mac OS. This is the only experience we have with it but so far, so good.

Judy

Judy Brink-Drescher
Library Webmaster
Molloy College
jbrink-drescher at molloy.edu
516.678.5000 x6319
From: Web technologies in libraries [WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Thomas Edelblute [TEdelblute at anaheim.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:55 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Silverlight

Funny you should ask. Every time I think Silverlight is dead, someone asks for it. Not very often though. But it does seem like there are a few universities in the local area that are creating content for their students with Silverlight.

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G Touch

Charles Gambrell <cgambrell at MPLONLINE.ORG> wrote:
I am interested in finding out what other libraries are doing with
Silverlight.  Do you receive many requests from customers to have it
available?  Have you installed it on some of your public computers or
on all of your public computers or on none of your public computers?

Please feel free to reply off-list.

I appreciate your responses and input.

Charles

--
Charles B. Gambrell
System Automation Assistant Manager

Mobile Public Library
5555 Grelot Road
Mobile, AL 36609
http://www.mplonline.org

Voice: 251.340-8581
Fax: 251.304-2157
email: cgambrell at mplonline.org

"A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into." Ansel Adams

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2012-08-21

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, and delete the original message immediately. Thank you.