A/V Now Available > Increasing Faculty Usage of Streaming Video Webcast

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Sat Apr 28 20:06:39 EDT 2012

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

Colleagues/

On more than one occasion I've observed that we are Multimedia / 3-D Creatures ...

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/Morning.htm

/Gerry

We estimate that more than 50 percent of academic libraries now offer streaming video services. Departments ranging from anthropology to zoology are now incorporating video content into their classes.

This presentation will show use cases of how streaming video can be used, including:

  *   Examples of how video can improve research
  *   Examples of how video has been combined to improve learning for specific courses
  *   Examples of how to annotate and publish video

Librarians and faculty will learn how to get the most out of their video resources, how video can be promoted in the library, which departments can benefit the most, as well as a technical understanding of what cutting-edge technology now makes possible. Existing users of streaming video will leave with new ideas and those who’ve yet to offer streaming resources will be better able to make a decision on whether it’s worth it.

Panelists

Stephen Rhind-Tutt, President and founder, Alexander Street Press
Pete Ciuffetti, Vice president of product development, Alexander Street Press
Kim Stanton, Head of the media library, University of North Texas

Note: Access is available to registered users ; Free registration available.

IMHO > Well Worth One's Time

Link Available Via

http://bit.ly/IqLbRK

Learn !