JISC M-Libraries Community ; M-Libraries Conference 2012 > 24-26 September 2012

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Sat Apr 21 17:58:47 EDT 2012

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

Colleagues/

JISC M-Libraries Community

"As part of the JISC m-library community support project and based on the feedback provided from our survey at the beginning of the project, we have created an online community for anyone interested in mobile technologies in libraries. This is an experimental development and we would like to invite you to join the community and try it out, and leave us feedback on what you think – whether or not you think it is useful, how it could be improved, or alternative ideas."

Policy and strategy > For discussing policy and strategy related to the delivery of mobile services. Including mobile strategies, guidelines, management, sustainability, links with other departments.

Content > For discussing using or delivering library content to mobile devices or in a mobile context. Including mobile catalogue, resource discovery, e-books, e-journals and special collections.

Technology >
For discussing mobile technologies, including mobile web/app development, QR codes, near field communication (NFC), and augmented reality (AR).

Services > For discussing using and delivering library services on mobile devices or in a mobile context. Including roving reference and enquiries, collection management, loaning mobile devices, information literacy

General > For general discussion around ’mobile’ library services. Please use the more specific groups for discussion on specific topics whenever appropriate

Available Via

[ http://bit.ly/JgyA16  ]

> M-Libraries Conference 2012 > 24-26 September 2012

The main theme for the conference this year is "From margin to mainstream: mobile technologies transforming lives and libraries"

The Fourth International m-libraries Conference / 24-26 September 2012 / The Open University, UK

Mobile technology has transformed so many aspects of our lives: how we work, how we communicate, how we study and how we play. Since the first successful M-libraries conference in 2007, libraries around the world have made huge advances in harnessing the technology to improve and enhance their services. The Fourth conference will bring together researchers, technical developers, managers and library practitioners to review achievements to date and consider the creative challenges and opportunities ahead.

Links To Programme / Registration / Etc. Available Via

[ http://bit.ly/I1V3yM ]

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor