QR Codes

Edward Spodick lbspodic at UST.HK
Tue Apr 17 05:30:18 EDT 2012

At 11:15 AM +0200 4/17/12, Steffen Schilke wrote:
>Quickmark is free on Android (at least I did not pay for it)

Excellent.

>And if I call your URL I get:
>
>The site's security certificate is not trusted!
>You attempted to reach <http://lbpcbook.ust.hk>lbpcbook.ust.hk, but
>the server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not
>trusted by your computer's operating system. This may mean that the
>server has generated its own security credentials, which Google
>Chrome cannot rely on for identity information, or an attacker may
>be trying to intercept your communications.
>You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this
>warning before for this site.

Exactly - that is the correct message to receive, which is different
from the Microsoft presented one.  This behavior is the same as in a
regular desktop  browser.  Hopefully you have the option of
continuing anyway, rather than being blocked.

Once we are out of beta, it will get a certificate from the
University root certificate authority, which will probably give a
similar error message (see
<<https://library.ust.hk/cgi-auth/req-book.pl>https://library.ust.hk/cgi-auth/req-book.pl>),
unless the user has 'trusted' our root CA, which our users generally
know to do.

-Spode

2012-04-17