[Web4lib] Metadata Librarian Position re-opened
dmunson at ewu.edu
Mon Oct 31 15:15:12 EDT 2011
Cross-posted; apologies for duplication.
Eastern Washington University
Open until November 30, 2011
Eastern Washington University Libraries seeks an 11 month full-time, tenure track faculty position as a Metadata Librarian at the Librarian II or III level depending on qualifications and level of experience to begin September 1, 2011. The position has professional responsibilities in librarianship (80%), scholarship and service (20%). Responsibilities in librarianship will focus on:
* Leading in the development of discovery tools for library resources, and partnering with others to build digital archival collections and repository.
* Maintaining the discovery engine used to find library resources;
* Activities in cataloging, classification, and metadata creation for library resources;
* Participating in production of archival digital collections and microfilm preservation;
* Guiding the selection and use of metadata schemas, controlled vocabularies, and data dictionaries to facilitate use of digital collections and institutional repository as these develop;
* Communicating and consulting with others about the organization, description, and discovery of library resources; and coordinating physical processing of tangible resources.
* Meet qualifications for a Librarian II or Librarian III position (detailed information available on our website).
* Master's degree from an ALA-accredited program or comparable accredited foreign program.
* Knowledge of and experienced in use of current and emerging cataloging standards.
* Knowledge of and experienced in use of MARC, plus a minimum of one other metadata standard.
* Demonstrated success in managing personnel and operations in cataloging/metadata functions.
* Demonstrated high level of written and oral communication, organizational, problem-solving and planning skills.
* Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of faculty, staff, and clients.
* Ability, during the probationary period, to meet library faculty requirements for tenure in the areas of scholarship and service, as defined in Library Faculty Policies & Procedures.
* Commitment to excellence in bibliographic control and discovery of library resources.
* Commitment to excellence in services to students, faculty, and staff.
* Demonstrated interest, ability and/or experience in promoting cultural competency and/or diversity.
Review of applications will begin December 1. For complete information about the position, its requirements and application instructions, please visit the Faculty jobs section of our online jobs portal located here: https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu Applications will not be accepted via mail or email.
EASTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Successful candidate(s) will be required to pass a background check and show proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. pursuant to U.S. immigration laws. SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS: Eastern strives to satisfy all requests for special access needs for persons with disabilities. Requests for such accommodations are welcome and may be made by calling Human Resources at: (509) 359-2381.
Questions may also be directed to Carol King at (509) 359-6915, or via email to: cking2 at ewu.edu
More information about the Web4lib