[Web4lib] IE 9 and Firefox 4

Popp, Mary Pagliero popp at indiana.edu
Wed May 11 10:47:44 EDT 2011

Hi!  We are getting ready to change the browsers on staff (and eventually public) workstations in our Libraries to Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4.   Has anyone else done this?

We did discover that the Thomson Reuters ISI databases (e.g., Web of Science) do not work well with IE9.  In IE9, the user cannot see the search results.  But, if the user clicks on the compatibility mode icon in the address bar area to go to an older browser version, the results will display.

We are continuing to test databases.  Has anyone found any other research databases that don't work with either of these browsers?

Thanks!

Mary
Mary Pagliero Popp, Research & Discovery Services Librarian
Digital User Experience Department
Indiana University Libraries, Wells Library W501
1320 E. 10th Street
Bloomington, IN  47405
812-855-8170    FAX: 812-856-2062   popp at indiana.edu