[Web4lib] eBooks

Ted Koppel tpk at auto-graphics.com
Tue Mar 1 17:24:03 EST 2011

Can I suggest that some facts might be useful?

For those libraries that are circulating e-books,  it would be helpful
to know the following:

1. Public or academic library?

2. Total # of e-books in your collection  (both # of titles and # copies
contracted for)

3. Average # of circulations per e-book copy (not per title)

4. Outlier numbers, by range.   Of your e-book collection, how many
copies (not titles) circulated

    - more than 500 times?

   -  more than 100 times?

   -  more than   50 times?

   -  more than   26 times?

I may become indignant once I have some real numbers to look at.

Ted