[Web4lib] Skillset for new librarians

Carol Bean beanworks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 21:50:23 EST 2011

Well, Roy summed it up nicely, but from my perspective, the most valuable
technology skill a Librarian can have is being able to talk to IT people on
their level.  What does it take to do that?  More than you can ever teach in
an intro class.

So, yeah, as Lin says, have them enroll in the Computer Science School and
then offer them Library Sciences classes. :-)

Carol