[Web4lib] Rép. : Library and Library Myths and Legends

Alain ndgmtlcd at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 14:12:21 EST 2011

I read through all of those myths and legends and not once did I see the one where people think that a library, any library, will keep forever that very special book or collection of books (or National Geographic Magazines) they are planning to give to the library one day.

That day might be just tomorrow because they're cleaning out the old family house after the death of a parent, or it might be a plan they're making for years ahead when they move their stuff to a smaller apartment and get rid of some of their books. This is one of  the most frequent myths I encounter.

Alain