[Web4lib] 2 ASIS&T Webinars - Semantic Web and Linked Data

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Tue Feb 22 13:25:43 EST 2011

[Apologies for multiple postings]

ASIS&T presents the following Webinars

Introduction to Semantic Web and Linked Data
Date: March 9th 2011 11:30pm – 12:30pm

Cost: ASIS&T Members:  $25  Non-Members:  $59
Presenter: Karen Coyle

Register at http://www.asis.org/Conferences/webinars/2011/linked-data.html

This webinar will cover the basic concepts behind the semantic web and its implementation through linked data.
While conceptually very simple, the linked data model is a significant departure from our current models that
are based on records and database technologies.  We'll cover the underlying entity-relationship structure, "triples"
and "statements," the importance of identifiers and vocabularies. In addition, we will look briefly at the
functionality that this model supports and the user benefits that come with it.

Linked Data, Tools and Technologies