[Web4lib] Web Intern, Denver area

Chris Evjy chris.evjy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 13:50:23 EST 2011

We're looking for a Web Intern at Jefferson County Public Library, just west
of Denver.  Plz forward to anyone that may be interested.

Thanks,
Chris

*Web Intern*

Would you like the opportunity to help shape the web presence for one of the
largest public library systems in Colorado? Jefferson County Public Library
is looking for a self-motivated Web Intern to support our Web services team.
This internship offers a flexible schedule with an 8-hour a week minimum
commitment. The position is not paid, but we are happy to work with any
academic requirements the intern may have to help them earn college credit
for their efforts.  We are based in the Library Administration building in
Lakewood, CO, just west of Denver.

*Duties*

Conducts updates to various site pages, formats files for the web, and
performs website maintenance and other tasks depending on ability.

*The successful candidate can expect:*

* *

   - Real world professional experience
   - Valuable networking opportunities
   - Resume-building references
   - Academic credit, by working with your academic institution's internship
   program

*Essential:*

* *

   - Experience hand-coding HTML
   - Familiarity with FTP and Dreamweaver or another code editor
   - Professional, responsible demeanor

*Helpful:*

* *

   - Comfortable with CSS
   - Familiarity with W3C Standards
   - Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro
   - Familiarity with graphic editors
   - Familiarity with Google analytics
   - Experience with Facebook development
   - Knowledge of information and server architectures

*Applying:

*

   - Please submit a cover letter & resume to web at jeffcolibrary.org by
   Friday, March 4th, 2011.