[Web4lib] [ANNOUNCEMENT] : December 2010 issue of ITALica, a weblog on libraries and information technology...

Andy Boze Boze.1 at nd.edu
Thu Feb 3 20:28:34 EST 2011

Cross-posted; apologies for duplication.

Hello friends,

The December 2010 issue of /Information Technology and Libraries/
(ITAL), LITA's peer-reviewed quarterly journal, is online and accessible
to all LITA members. Issues older than six months are open to all.
ITAL's main page is at
<http://www.lita.org/ala/mgrps/divs/lita/ital/italinformation.cfm>.

ITALica <http://ital-ica.blogspot.com/>, the weblog discussion area for
ITAL, has been updated with information about the latest issue. ITALica
features supplementary materials not included with the regular print and
electronic versions of /Information Technology and Libraries/, such as
"letters to the editor", updates to articles, and other materials we
can't work into the journal. One of the most important features of
ITALica is a forum for readers' conversations with our authors, wherein
authors host and monitor discussion for a period of time after
publication of their articles, so that you then have a chance to
interact with them.

ITALica offers you the opportunity to discuss with the following ITAL
authors their papers in the latest issue:

"Generating Collaborative Systems for Digital Libraries: a Model-Driven
Approach" /
Alessio Malizia, Paolo Bottoni, and S. Levialdi

"The Middle Mile: The Role of the Public Library in Ensuring Access to
Broadband" /
Marijke Visser and Mary Alice Ball

"An Evolutive Process to Convert Glossaries into Ontologies" /
José R. Hilera, Carmen Pagés, J. Javier Martínez, J. Antonio Gutiérrez,
and Luis de-Marcos

"Bridging the Gap: Self-Directed Staff Technology Training" /
Kayla L. Quinney, Sara D. Smith, and Quinn Galbraith

"Next-Generation Library Catalogs and the Problem of Slow Response Time" /
Margaret Brown-Sica, Jeffrey Beall, and Nina McHale

No membership is required to view or participate in ITALica. We hope to
see you there!

--
Andy Boze
Web site Manager, ITAL, for the Editorial Board