WIKI software

Patrice Chalon patrice.chalon at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 31 05:39:16 EST 2011

Hello,

After considering dedicated wiki software, we decided to make use of
the CMS Drupal (already used for intranet):
- the core modules book (make it easy to create a page at the right
place in the "table of content"), taxonomy (tags), comment and blog
help to share content and ideas;
- additional modules make creation and linking of page easier (diff to
compare versions, linkit to link to an internal page, wysiwyg to edit
page like you would in "Word");
- and there is also the possibility to bring more with cck (creating
"structured records"), views (creating lists of items that can be
sorted or filtered), calendar or more social ones (like, status).

Of course it is not a wiki software, but wiki functionalities we
wished are there and it allows us to concentrate on only one system
(Drupal).

Hope it helps.

Patrice