EBSCOhost e-audio to OneClickDigital - Notifying Users

Alison Pruntel alison.pruntel at FAUQUIERCOUNTY.GOV
Fri Dec 9 15:00:04 EST 2011

Of the 3 lists I posted to, only recevied Lin's response.

We've loaded all of the MARC records from Recorded Books/OneClickdigital and
will unsuppress them after we do a little cleanup (call no., material type, add
series titles, etc.).

Our plan for the EBSCOhost/NetLibrary records is to suppress as soon as we
unsuppress OneClick bibs and then eventually delete all of them.

Since neither EBSCOhost or Recorded Books could confirm that someone would
notify the users that they won't get any e-audio titles as of Jan. 1, 2012
(date we were given), what I ended up doing was pulling the e-mail accounts
for all those signed up for EBSCOhost (via the admin module) and sent them
the following in a bulk mail (from the library). If you plan on notifying your
patrons currently using EBSCOhost/formerly NetLibrary about OneClickdigital,
feel free to use what you can.

-----------------------------
From: Fauquier County Library
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 8:47 AM
To: Fauquier County Library
Subject: EBSCOhost e-audio titles moving to OneClickdigital

Dear EBSCOhost account holder:

We’re excited to announce that the existing EBSCOhost e-audio book
collection featuring Recorded Books is now available on OneClickdigital. What
does this mean for you?

•	All Recorded Books content will be removed from the EBSCOhost
platform January 1, 2012.
•	After January 1, 2012, there will be no e-audio content available on
EBSCOhost.
•	E-books (non-audio) will still be available on EBSCOhost.

Why OneClickDigital?
•	Exclusive Recorded Books content
•	OneClick download to your portable player
•	No frustrating holds on popular titles – always available!
•	All content is iPod-compatible – iPhone app for downloading on the go
•	OneClickdigital Media Manager makes downloading easy

Please take a moment to review these simple steps to help you get started
with OneClickdigital:
1.	Go to
http://www.fauquiercounty.gov/government/departments/library/index.cfm?
action=oneclick/login1, enter your library card number and access the
OneClickdigital website (http://fauquiercova.oneclickdigital.com)
2.	Create a new account
3.	Review a list of supported devices
4.	Check out this tutorial to learn how to find and download e-
audiobooks from OneClickdigital
5.	Review FAQs for additional information and tips

We hope this information has been helpful. If you have any further questions
about the transition from EBSCOhost to OneClickdigital or questions in general
about the library’s e-book and e-audio book services, contact your local
library. Should you experience issues with OneClickdigital requiring technical
support, please contact the OneClickdigital support team directly at
support at oneclickdigital.com.

Regards,

Fauquier County Public Library
11 Winchester Street