Libraries are Invited to Join My Info Quest Collaborative SMS Text Messaging Project

Lori Bell lbell927 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Dec 8 20:12:13 EST 2011

Libraries Are Invited to Join My Info Quest Collaborative SMS Text Messaging Project

Libraries of all types and sizes are invited to join the nationwide My Info
Quest( <http://www.myinfoquest.info> http://www.myinfoquest.info)
collaborative SMS text messaging project. My Info Quest, the first
collaborative text message reference service, uses Mosio's web-based Text A Librarian ( <http://www.textalibrarian.com> http://www.textalibrarian.com)
to provide the service.  Around 30 libraries of all types from across the
United States participate, answering questions from each other's users. A new software feature enables participating libraries to answer their own questions first, before the queries roll into the collaborative.
Participation requirements are minimal. Each participant is asked to staff the desk two hours per week minimally, attend online meetings and training, and participate in evaluation activities.  The  cost to join this innovative service is $399 per library or library system for 2012 (January-December).

My Info Quest is coordinated by Lori Bell, Lecturer at San Jose State
University, administered by the South Central Regional Library Council
(SCRLC) of Ithaca, NY, and evaluated by Dr. Lili Luo of the School of
Library and Information Science, San Jose State University.  My Info Quest won the Illinois Library Association Reference Service Award in Fall 2010.

Several informational sessions about My Info Quest have been scheduled as
follows:
December 12, 2011  2 pm EST/1 pm CST
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/172770022; use your microphone & speakers
or telephone:
(773) 945-1030;  Access Code: 172-770-022;Audio PIN: Shown after joining the
meeting
Meeting ID: 172-770-022

December 14, 2011 11 am EST/10 am CST
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/224080926; use your microphone & speakers
or telephone:
(215) 383-1021; Access Code: 224-080-926; Audio PIN: Shown after joining the
meeting
Meeting ID: 224-080-926

December 15, 2011 11 am EST/10 am CST
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/423260550; use your microphone & speakers
or telephone:
(215) 383-1013; Access Code: 423-260-550; Audio PIN: Shown after joining the
meeting
Meeting ID: 423-260-550
You do not need to register for the sessions ahead of time. If you have
challenges logging in, please call SCRLC at 607-273-9106 for assistance.
For more information or to join, please contact Lori Bell at
<mailto:lbell927 at gmail.com> lbell927 at gmail.com or Mary-Carol Lindbloom at
<mailto:mclindbloom at scrlc.org> mclindbloom at scrlc.org.

Lori Bell
Lecturer