Kiosk browsers

Kern Mann kern.mann at RPL.LIB.NH.US
Thu Dec 8 09:17:18 EST 2011

We use IE with an "proxy auto configuration" file.  It is set up in the
browser, and the browser is locked down in the registry to prevent its
being changed.  Patrons can only get to URL's allowed/included in the
pac file all other attempted URL's give a DNS error.

Google info
<https://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&=&q=proxy+auto+config&oq=proxy+auto&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=411l1805l0l3947l10l6l0l0l0l0l166l745l1.5l6l0#pq=proxy+auto+config&hl=en&cp=24&gs_id=x&xhr=t&q=proxy+auto+configuration&tok=Xe8klAVSlcHCJRxIv4GiFw&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&safe=off&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=proxy+auto+configuration&aq=0&aqi=g1g-m3&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=2388f8dcc3d38891&biw=1280&bih=796>.

Below is an example of our OPAC file.

hth, kern

with (ProxyConfig) {
function FindProxyForURL(url,host)