Linksource Resolver Wording

Hoyte, Daniel hoyte at CHAPMAN.EDU
Tue Dec 6 13:08:20 EST 2011

"Check for Fulltext"

Daniel Hoyte M.R.S.
Senior Library Systems Technician
Leatherby Libraries, Chapman University
714-532-7745
Skype: daniel.hoyte

- Come to the dark side...
      We have technology.

-----Original Message-----
From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Sherry Youssef
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:21 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Linksource Resolver Wording

Good Morning!

I am a member of my institution library's Web Advisory Committee and we are
in the discussion of changing the wording of our Linksource link.  We
currently use "Check Linksource for possible full text from other sources."
 Through many instruction sessions and individual research consultations, we
have discovered that students are intimidated by this wording, and often
assume that the full text of the article is not available.  After conducting
a quick review of other libraries, we noticed that some use 'FindIt at ...";
'Find It!'; 'Search for full text;' or 'Citation Online.'

What wording does your institution use for your Link Resolver?  What have
you found to work best for your students?

Thank you in advance for your input!

Best Regards,

Sherry Youssef
Research and Instruction Librarian
Alliant International University, Los Angeles

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2011-11-30