Locally hosted streaming media question

Riesner, Giles W. GRIESNER at CCBCMD.EDU
Mon Dec 5 10:39:05 EST 2011

Our College has their own streaming server. The same folks who handle
the College's Cable TV channel also take care of the streaming server.

Our Library has links in our catalog to them as an access point.

Currently the streaming video standard for the College is to use WMA and
WMV, and on College PCs Windows Media Player to play them.

They are currently investigating the possibility of changing to H.264
instead which would be more standard and POSSIBLY having an embedded

Video player.

If you would like to discuss it further, I can give you contact
information for the person in charge of the server.

Giles W. Riesner, Jr. | Lead Library Technician , Library Technology

The Community College of Baltimore County   | 800 South Rolling Road |
Catonsville, MD 21228 USA
Phone:  1-443-840-2736 | Fax: 1-410-455-6436 | Email:
griesner at ccbcmd.edu

CCBC. The incredible value of education.