[Web4lib] Call for papers for Social Media Conference on Dec 2, 2011
Mulhern, Ms. Yvonne
MULHERN at tarleton.edu
Mon Aug 15 15:01:27 EDT 2011
Would it be possible for you to post the following call for papers?
Please excuse cross-postings.
The new Texas Social Media Research Institute (TSMRI), located at Tarleton State University, will hold their first annual Social Media Conference at Tarleton State University on Friday, December 2, 2011.
This conference would consist of two tracks: a research presentation track as well as a training and development track. The conference planning committee is actively seeking papers, panels, and training workshops focused on, but not limited to the following topics:
* Facebook, Twitter, Linked In (How to Use the Technologies)
* Social Media in Business (Ideas for Entrepreneurs and Large Organizations)
* Social Media in Education
* Social Media in the Non-Profit Sector
* Social Media in Interpersonal and Intercultural Communication
* Practical Solutions for Social Media Problems
* Benefits and Disadvantages of Social Media in K-12 and Higher Education
* Social Media and Generational Communication
* Social Media and Information Sciences/Library Sciences
* Social Media and Mobile Applications and Devices
Possible forms of submission include: panels (including roundtables and discussions), papers/abstracts, and training workshops.
Complete the conference submission form (http://www.tinyurl.com/SocialMediaConferenceCall/ ) and e-mail papers/panels to Dr. Jennifer T. Edwards (texassocialmediaresearch at gmail.com<mailto:texassocialmediaresearch at gmail.com> ) no later than Friday, October 14, 2011.
If you have any questions, please contact the Texas Social Media Research Institute via e-mail (texassocialmediaresearch at gmail.com) via e-mail or telephone (254-307-8211).
-Yvonne M Mulhern
Thank you for your time,
Yvonne M Mulhern
More information about the Web4lib