[Web4lib] Web Based Leave Requests

HAZEL Margaret E Margaret.E.Hazel at ci.eugene.or.us
Mon Apr 25 13:41:45 EDT 2011

Hi Jason,
Sharepoint permissions can be set up to a very granular level.  You would also absolutely want to set up a process for what kind of information would be entered on that leave calendar.  Due to personnel privacy, you would very likely want to limit it to a minimum of data, perhaps just saying it's all about out of office, not even whether it's vacation or sick leave, much less where they are going and why.
It might work to have the leave request include that information upon submission, and then when the supervisor gets the request, they can strip the extra information before approval?  Not sure at what point the information is visible in the calendar.
-Margaret