[Web4lib] Job Opening at TechSoup.org: Webinar Program Manager

Stephanie Gerding stephaniegerding at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 17:03:53 EDT 2011

*Webinar Program Manager, TechSoup.org Exempt, Full-Time*

*
*

*Full advertisement:
*http://www.techsoupglobal.org/jobs/webprogmngr_021511<https://connect.compumentor.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=e3d6dbfe3bdc4a2dbe89bac706ab272a&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.techsoupglobal.org%2fjobs%2fwebprogmngr_021511>

The Webinar Program Manager role requires an individual with a passion for
online training and the desire to produce accessible and engaging webinars
to enhance the technical capacity of thousands of nonprofits and public
libraries. This position reports to the Senior Director, Content.**

TechSoup.org<https://connect.compumentor.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=e3d6dbfe3bdc4a2dbe89bac706ab272a&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.techsoup.org%2f>is
a program of TechSoup Global, a nonprofit organization that provides
technology resources and knowledge to NGOs around the world.We offer a
competitive nonprofit compensation package, which includes full benefits.**

*
*

*Major Duties and Responsibilities:*

*
*

*Training*

   - Conduct two to four webinars a month through our TechSoup Talks!
   program (http://www.techsoup.org/learningcenter/webinars/<https://connect.compumentor.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=e3d6dbfe3bdc4a2dbe89bac706ab272a&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.techsoup.org%2flearningcenter%2fwebinars%2f>).

   - Manage communication process from kick-off calls through the webinar
   planning and post wrap up process
   - Coordinate speakers and presentations
   - Train presenters and producers
   - Create an outreach plan for the program in collaboration with the
   Marketing and Community teams
   - Collaborate with the TechSoup Community team to ensure we are promoting
   our webinars through various social networking sites and reaching our
   audience in Second Life
   - Recruit and manage webinar volunteers
   - Provide support to our contract online trainer and Client Services
   department on webinars focused on TechSoup’s product donation program
   - Create and maintain detailed project management documentation for
   multiple online events
   - Maintain schedules and effectively communicate deliverable dates to
   volunteers and event producers
   - Coordinate with our Web Producer to archive webinars on the
   TechSoup.org website
   - Collect and analyze follow-up data with support from our Reporting team

   - Manage webinars for grant-funded projects as required
   - Provide training to the members of our global network about how to
   create webinars
   - Perform other work as required
   - TechSoup Global is a fast-paced organization. The successful candidate
   for this position will need to be able to work in a flexible environment
   that changes rapidly and provides many opportunities for creative input and
   new ideas.

*Content development*

   - Contribute regularly to the TechSoup.org blog with posts about the
   webinar program
   - Create documentation and best practices for producing webinars to be
   shared with our global partners and on our website
   - Coordinate with the Managing Editor to identify webinar presenters that
   could create additional content including blog posts and articles
   - Create promotional materials for the events to be sent out via our
   online channels in collaboration with our Managing Editor and Marketing team

*Perform other projects and duties as required and/or assigned.*

*
*

*Qualifications: *

*Education and Experience*

   - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
   - Three to six years experience providing online training
   - Demonstrated enthusiasm for emerging technology preferred
   - Experience consulting or working with nonprofit organizations or public
   libraries highly preferred

*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities*

   - Understanding of the technology needs of nonprofits and the challenges
   in implementing technology solutions to the sector preferred
   - Knowledge of Web 2.0 tools preferred
   - Experience creating recorded tutorials using Adobe Captivate preferred
   - Experience using web conference tools such as GoToWebinar, ReadyTalk,
   and WebEx required
   - Experience recruiting and managing volunteers preferred
   - Audio/visual experience preferred
   - Excellent computer skills
   - Exhibit professionalism and flexibility in the midst of a fast-paced,
   deadline-driven environment required
   - Critical thinking and creative ideas required
   - Ability to manage workload and prioritize tasks required
   - Demonstrated ability to work with technology experts on collaborative
   projects required
   - Ability to speak engagingly about technology in person and by phone
   required
   - Ability to be flexible and to change direction as needed
   - Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing required
   - Ability to work in front of the computer for most of the day required
   - Ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously
   required

*Other Requirements:*

*Physical Demands*

   - Prolonged desk duties to include telephone or headset and keyboard
   duties.
   - Willingness and capacity to work in a cubicle environment at a
   workstation and to come and go repeatedly throughout the day as is necessary
   to perform various responsibilities
   - Capacity to communicate and enunciate adequately, in person or via
   telephone, in a manner that can be understood by those with whom the
   employee is speaking
   - Willingness and capacity to sit or stand for minimum periods of two
   hours at a time
   - Capacity to reach forward to a high of 48 inches, to a low of 15
   inches, to the side 54 inches, and to the low side 9 inches above the floor
   - Ability to lift and move up to 20 pounds
   - Ability to load discs and to change settings, devices, fixtures, etc.
   on various equipment used in and around TechSoup Global

*Work Environment*

   - While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to
   various components of an office environment such as florescent lighting,
   pollen, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, VDTs, semi-enclosed areas, central
   heating, seasonal warmer temperatures, and office noise.

*Application Procedure:*

Email the required cover letter and resume to
jfuezy at techsoupglobal.org<https://connect.compumentor.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=e3d6dbfe3bdc4a2dbe89bac706ab272a&URL=mailto%3ajfuezy%40techsoupglobal.org>with
the job title in subject heading. No phone calls, please.

*
*

*TechSoup Global is dedicated to creating and supporting an environment of
openness, trust, and fun where people's differences are valued and respected
and where people of diverse backgrounds participate fully in the
organization. We believe that the diverse cultures and perspectives of our
staff will help us better serve our clients. TechSoup Global is an equal
opportunity agency and will not allow discrimination based upon race, color,
creed, religion, sex, marital status, domestic partner status, ancestry,
national origin, weight, height, physical or mental handicap, pregnancy,
medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
citizenship, veteran status, AIDS/HIV status, age, or socioeconomic
background.*

*
*

For more information about TechSoup Global, please visit
www.techsoupglobal.org<https://connect.compumentor.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=e3d6dbfe3bdc4a2dbe89bac706ab272a&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.techsoupglobal.org%2f>