[Web4lib] Kindle at Libraries

Robert Balliot rballiot at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 10:49:20 EDT 2011

This part is particularly intriguing to me:

""We're doing a little something extra here," Marine continued. "Normally,
making margin notes in library books is a big no-no. But we're extending our
Whispersync technology so that you can highlight and add margin notes to
Kindle books you check out from your local library. Your notes will not show
up when the next patron checks out the book. But if you check out the book
again, or subsequently buy it, your notes will be there just as you left
them, perfectly Whispersynced."