[Web4lib] Library Website Privacy Policies

Peter Murray peter.murray at lyrasis.org
Mon Apr 4 15:08:00 EDT 2011

I did some work at the University of Connecticut a while back that was modeled on the Trust-E recommendations for e-commerce sites.  In the end, it, too, was boiled down to about a page (http://www.lib.uconn.edu/about/privacy/).  I also ran a survey of ARL members asking about their privacy policies.  The executive summary is most of a decade old, but you might find some useful bits in it:

  SPEC Kit 278 Library Patron Privacy , November 2003
  http://www.arl.org/bm~doc/spec278webbook.pdf

Peter