[Web4lib] Koha

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Fri Sep 24 08:58:27 EDT 2010

  Nicole Engard writes

> You probably think I'm biased, but I love it (which is why I got the
> job I have now).  I have used 3 ILSes in my life as a librarian and
> Koha was the only one I taught myself to use and have written the
> manual for it.

  But you have to get the one http://koha-community.org.  Don't buy
  the one vended by LibLime/PTFS. I read some time ago that most of
  their customers are not happy. I think that was in a tech source
  report from Marshall.

  If you run Debian, there are packages for koha that make
  the installation a breeze.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                http://authorclaim.org/profile/pkr1