[Web4lib] Problem with PDF in IE 8 for Ebsco databases

Wilfred Drew DrewW at tc3.edu
Fri Sep 3 13:39:47 EDT 2010

We are seeing a consistent problem with PDF display in IE 8 for Ebsco databases.  In the framed display of the PDF, only a small portion is visible of the PDF, top 5 to 9 lines of a page.  The frame window is too small.  It is not a problem in other browsers or other versions of IE. Luckily, our public stations have IE 7.  Anyone else see this?
Downloading of the PDF is okay because it opens in a full IE 8 browser window with adobe reader in it.  I just reported this to Ebsco.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew, M.S., B.S., A.S.
Assistant Professor
Librarian, Systems and Tech Services/Electronic Resources/Serials
Tompkins Cortland Community College  (TC3) Library:
http://www.tc3.edu/library/
Dryden, N.Y. 13053-0139
Follow the library: http://twitter.com/TC3Library
E-mail: dreww at tc3.edu<mailto:dreww at tc3.edu>
Phone: 607-844-8222 ext.4406
AIM/SKYPE/Twitter:BillDrew4
SMS/TXT Me: 6072960358
Online Identity: http://unhub.com/BillDrew
Strengths: Ideation, Input, Learner, Command, Analytical
http://www.facebook.com/people/Bill_Drew/

PPlease consider the environment before printing this e-mail or document.