[Web4lib] Looking for Speakers on Green IT

Christine Peterson peterson at amigos.org
Wed Sep 1 18:18:39 EDT 2010

We are looking for some green IT topics for this online conference. If
you're interested, please submit a proposal
<http://greenlibs2.amigos.org/> .

--------------------------------------

Call for Speakers for "Going Green @ Your Library 2:  Working Green,
Teaching Green"

Amigos' second Going Green @ Your Library online conference will be
Wednesday, November 3, 2010.  We are looking for librarians interested
in sharing their ideas, experiences and excitement about green practices
at their library. Our keynote speaker will be Monika Antonelli,
co-editor of the forthcoming  Greening Libraries  (Library Juice Press,
2011) and Reference/Instruction Librarian at Minnesota State University
Mankato.

In addition to the keynote session, we hope to have two simultaneous
tracks running throughout the day:

Working Green
This track will focus on the green practices implemented in libraries.
Some of the areas of interest include:
* Green library buildings/renovations
* Green IT
* Green practices in the library (e.g. Green ILL, Green Cataloging)

Teaching Green
This second track focuses on ways your library shows the way to be green
to others in your community.  Topics might include:
* Green programming at the library
* How your library facilitates research on environmental topics
* Green by example:  how your library leads others in implementing green
practices

Other topics are welcome!  Each session will be 45 minutes in length.
If you're interested in presenting, but have never done it online, don't
worry -- we will teach you what you need to know! We welcome submissions
from librarians in academic, public, school, and special libraries.

To submit your presentation idea(s), go to
http://greenlibs2.amigos.org/ and complete the submission form.
Proposals will be accepted until September 30.

If you have questions, please contact us at mailto:greenlibs at amigos.org.

Christine Peterson

Continuing Education Librarian

Amigos Library Services, Inc.