[Web4lib] Enhanced "e-book" service?!

Heather Christenson heather.christenson at ucop.edu
Wed Oct 13 20:02:16 EDT 2010

Tim,
Indeed there are lots of reasons why we're motivated to grow the
capabilities of the HathiTrust Collection Builder in terms of scale and
functionality.  Scale is something we're already in the early stages of
planning for and collections of hundreds of thousands of items will be
possible, eventually.

Right now an ambitious user can manually create a collection of several
hundred items.  We can consider proposals for larger collections on a case
by case basis, and have tools behind the scenes to automate the building
process. Identifiers cannot be sent in the search request at this time, but
that's certainly a good idea.
--Heather