[Web4lib] Twitter to Facebook

Heller, Margaret mheller at dom.edu
Tue Nov 30 10:02:17 EST 2010

I would recommend using a desktop application to post to both at once, or just using the web interface for both Twitter and Facebook to post the same content. There are lots of applications you can use, but in my opinion tweets in Facebook never look as good as content posted directly into Facebook. You could use an application such as RSS Graffiti to customize how posts appear in Facebook (see their anatomy of a post here: http://rssgraffiti.pbworks.com/w/page/27212863/Anatomy-of-a-Facebook-Post).

The thing about posting on Facebook in the web application is that it ensures that someone is looking at the page on a regular basis and responding to comments or fixing outdated info. Again, there are ways to replicate this in a desktop application, but for most people it's probably easier to just use Facebook.

Margaret Heller
Web Services Librarian
Rebecca Crown Library
Dominican University