[Web4lib] Help with learning about Wordpress as CMS

Polly-Alida Farrington polly at pafa.net
Fri Nov 19 12:57:13 EST 2010

Jennifer,

Like Nicole, I'd recommend playing with wordpress.com just to get a
feel for the admin and how WP puts things together.

Some other resources:
-- The video tutorials at WordPress101 http://www.wp101.com/ are
another great way to get started. (Love their "pay what you wish" option.)
-- Digging into WordPress http://digwp.com/  If you need to get
deeper into the nuts & bolts, this book is terrific. Comes as a PDF,
but if they still have the full-color printed copies available, it's
worth the money.
-- WPBeginner tutorials -  http://www.wpbeginner.com/

And there will be an ALA Library Tech Rpt on WordPress coming out in
the spring, by Kyle Jones and myself (forgive the shameless self promotion!)

And though I do WP training & consulting too, Nicole is right in your
backyard!

Polly
Polly-Alida Farrington
e-mail: polly at pafa.net