[Web4lib] Kindle lending

Phalbe Henriksen phenriksen at embarqmail.com
Tue Nov 9 18:48:02 EST 2010

No. You "own" the book only as long as your credit card is attached to that machine. If you change credit cards, you lose your "collection." And the "dog-ears" come and go. I think, if I have this correct, that in the "app," you have to remove the "dog-ear" on Kindle, but on Nook, "turning" the next page makes the "bookmark" on the previous page disappear.

So far, I haven't found a way to add marginalia.

Ain't technology wonnerful???

Phalbe
  But, if you own the *book* where is the problem?  In fact, marginalia by famous folks make common works more valuable to collectors.