[Web4lib] Cites & Insights December 2010 available

Walt Crawford waltcrawford at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 16:03:39 EST 2010

Cites & Insights 10:12 (December 2010) is now published and available
for downloading at http://citesandinsights.info/civ10i12.pdf.

The 34-page issue is, as always, in PDF form. Five of the six (6!
count them, 6) essays are available separately, using links at
http://citesandinsights.info. (As always, My Back Pages is exclusively
for PDF readers.)

This is not the end of Volume 10, although it is the last issue as
such. A title sheet and indices will follow, probably later in
November, and the annual paperback print volume will become available
at some point.

Contents

Bibs & Blather (pp. 1-2)

    Announcing the publication of disContent: The Complete Collection,
a limited-edition casebound. Also updating plans for The Liblog
Landscape 2007-2010 and repeating the same info as the paragraph above
regarding the rest of Volume 10.

Perspective: Futurism and Deathwatches (pp. 2-17)

    Thoughts on good and bad futurism and (always-bad?)
deathwatches...including the final disContent column, "'Is Dead' Isn't
Dead--But Maybe It Should Be."

The CD-ROM Project (pp. 17-19)

    Kidstuff: Three CD-ROMs designed for kids, all of which I scored
as Excellent back in the day. Two work, one doesn't...the latter being
perhaps the most intriguing of the lot.

The Liblog Landscape 2007-2010: 2. Methods and Metrics (pp. 19-26)

    The draft version of Chapter 2 of The Liblog Landscape 2007-2010,
the first of several chapters to appear in C&I. Note that this link
yields a 6x9 PDF, formatted as the book will be, rather than an HTML
page.

Offtopic Perspective: Mystery Collection, Part 3 (pp. 26-33)

    Discs 13-18 of this 60-disc 250-movie megacollection, including
one classic and two near-classics.

My Back Pages (pp. 33-34)

    Six snarky little essays in a bonus for whole-issue readers.

If you're wondering, while Volume 10 is about 100 pages longer than
I'd originally planned, it is not the longest volume. Volume 9 (2009)
holds that honor(?), and I hope will continue to do so.