[Web4lib] re geotagging your website

Kozlowski,Brendon bkozlowski at sals.edu
Tue Nov 2 12:48:56 EDT 2010

When I redesigned our site over a year ago I made sure to employ microdata, and did in fact use geo. I can't say that I've noticed it help or hinder our search result listings (any more than the total redesign did). I can say that simply typing in the word "library" to Google or Bing (after a little help as Bing thought I was in Syracuse), our library does come up as the first hit in the "...near [current location]..." results.

Considering how long our library has had a website presence it's possible that search engines would have already formulated our location on their own regardless of the microdata that was used.

Brendon Kozlowski
Web Administrator
Saratoga Springs Public Library
49 Henry Street