[Web4lib] jQuery autocomplete question

VanderHart, Robert Robert.VanderHart at umassmed.edu
Tue May 25 14:06:15 EDT 2010

I'm quite new to jQuery and I'm using the autocomplete plugin on a test page (http://library.umassmed.edu/~rvanderh/newsite3/ejournals_jquery.cfm).  Right now the autocomplete is suggesting titles where the typed word is only at the beginning, but I'd like it to also suggest titles where the typed word is inside.  For example, when I typed "applied" I want to see suggestions for titles such as "Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis" in addition to "Applied Biochemistry".

I've looked around on Google and posted this question on the jQuery forum but received no response.  I believe the "matchContains" setting is what I have to adjust, but it seems that the behavior of the autocomplete doesn't change whether I use true, false, or "word" as the value.  Am I on the right track, or is there something else I need to adjust?

Thanks for any help.

--
Robert Vander Hart
Electronic Resources Librarian | Lamar Soutter Library
508-856-3290 | Robert.VanderHart at umassmed.edu
http://library.umassmed.edu | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertvanderhart