[Web4lib] Job Opening at the Chicago Public Library: Web Content Manager Position

Megan Gurney mgurney at chipublib.org
Thu May 20 11:08:38 EDT 2010

Apologies if you are seeing this twice, I am cross-posting.

We are currently seeking to hire a Web Content Manager to work full time with the Chicago Public Library.

This person must have experience in managing web content including creating, editing, uploading, storing and publishing content into a Content Management System.

*        Maintain the content of a website utilizing a Content Management System (CMS).

*        Static web page design and development

*        Participate in the software design process

*        Responsible for maintenance and approval of content in a timely manner

*        Create/edit content based on user requests using proper HTML and test for various popular web browsers and screen readers (accessibility requirements)

*        Collaborate with staff, content contributors, and upper management to bring existing and newly developed material to the site

*        Monitor and evaluate web traffic; make recommendations to fulfill user expectations

*        Provide training to content submitters on use of CMS and writing for the web (establish and document standards for content submission)

Required Skills:

*        1- 4 years experience with a Content Management System

*        1-4 years experience in HTML

*        Graphic and / or multimedia creation / editing skills using Adobe Photoshop and related tools

*        Ability to handle multiple tasks with strict time constraints

*        Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing

*        Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities

*        Strong interpersonal and communication skills

Desired:
Experience with PHP

Experience with Drupal

MLIS degree or familiarity with the library environment

This position needs to be filled ASAP, so if you are interested, forward your resume and cover letter to mgurney at chipublib.org<mailto:mgurney at chipublib.org>.

If you have questions about the position give me a call at 312-745-3739.

Thanks,

Megan Gurney

Chicago Public Library
400 S. State Street