[Web4lib] Literature Review

Elizabeth Shingirai esnyamuda at gmail.com
Mon May 17 14:12:09 EDT 2010

Dear All,

I am student currently working on a dissertation to look at the
strategic implementation of Library 2.0 tools and technologies for the
university I am enrolled at in Zimbabwe,  Africa. The problem of the
study was that there was lack of immediacy in problem solving of the
students information needs since the university's library is located
off campus. I am now facing a major challenge in the  review of
literature. The research questions I seek to answer are:

i) What challenges are being faced by students in having their
information needs atteneded to?
ii) How familiar are students with the use of web based tools and technolgies?
iii) How literate are library staff in using Library 2.0 tools and
technologies in addressing immediacy of problem solving in academic
libraries?
iv) How does the absence of these tools and technologies affect
academic problem solving for students using the library?
v) How ready and well equipped is the library in facilitating the
implemnetation of Library 2.0?

I hope the questions are phrased in  a way that will enable you to understand.

Your assistance with reference material will be greatly appreciated.

Elizabeth Nyamuda
Student - Library and Information Science
National University of Science and Technology
Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
esnyamuda at gmail.com