[Web4lib] Flatscreen Displays for Promotional Use

Dave McLaughlin mclaughlind at hcplonline.info
Fri May 14 15:20:25 EDT 2010

We¹re looking to install some flat screen displays in our lobbies, mostly
for promotional use. We¹ve already put one in the lobby of one of our
branches, but would like to expand this system-wide. Anecdotally, I know of
a few local libraries that are doing something similar. Is this something
that a lot of other libraries are doing?

Second, how do you manage what promos are displayed? We¹ve got it down
technically (WDTV Live box plugged into our network...I could manage it
remotely for each branch), but do you use a shared calendar so that you can
easily know what is being displayed at each branch at any given time? A
calendar with reminders would be wonderful so that I know what to add and
remove each day. Shared Exchange calendar(s)? Google Calendar? A simple
spreadsheet? Something entirely different?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

--
Dave McLaughlin