[Web4lib] Your Recent URI Application

Robert Balliot rballiot at gmail.com
Tue May 11 12:32:39 EDT 2010

This interview started off with the Director of Capital Projects at
URI asking me if I was wearing a recording device and explaining financial
methods  and means I could use to bribe the committee members to receive
consideration for the position.

There is a tradition here:

http://www.projo.com/news/content/North_Providence_Corruption_Arre_05-07-10_H5I_v20.1fbc2d2.html

<http://www.projo.com/news/content/North_Providence_Corruption_Arre_05-07-10_H5I_v20.1fbc2d2.html>
**
http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=university+of+rhode+island+diprete&scoring=a&hl=en&ned=us&sa=N&cid=4385217443791439

http://www.projo.com/education/content/FELNER_PLEA_01-07-10_G9H17DV_v11.3a629d8.html

So, I guess that sort of dialog should not be entirely unexpected. But,
imagine going for a University job interview with people you don't know,
have never met before telling you how you could bribe them for a public
records library job.  Weird times.

BTW - The  University of Rhode Island <http://www.uri.edu/>  Human Resources
Department *did not* include a going bribe rate in the qualifications and
advertisment for the position.

R. Balliot
http://oceanstatelibrarian.com