[Web4lib] webmail access

Kong, Yi - HPL Yi.Kong at cityofhouston.net
Mon May 3 17:55:03 EDT 2010

Hi, our library users sometimes have problem to access their yahoo or AOL
mail account from our network. It does not happen all the time.

We have many PCs for both staff and public, and many of our users are yahoo
or AOL users too, so you can image how big the impact is. What I found is
our public IP is at many of the blacklists. Is that a reason our patrons can
not access mail accounts?

We tried different ways to secure our network and reduce spam.

Any idea why this happens and what we can do to make a change for the
situation?

Thanks much

Yi Kong