[Web4lib] Web Usability Tool Questions

Matthew Zimmerman Matthew.Zimmerman at UTSouthwestern.edu
Wed Mar 31 13:05:16 EDT 2010

Not sure if this is overkill for what you want but we use Morae http://www.softwarecasa.com/morae.html?gclid=CLy689y746ACFUaE7Qode2I6EA and have been happy with it.

Matthew Zimmerman
Manager
Digital Services and Technology Planning
UT Southwestern Medical Center Library
Tel: 214-648-4873

matthew.zimmerman at utsouthwestern.edu
www.utsouthwestern.edu/library

>>> Lisa A Ennis <lennis at uab.edu> 3/31/2010 9:12 AM >>>
Please forgive cross postings:

Hey all,

We are redesigning our website (we will be using Joomla) and the library is interested in a web tool like Crazy Egg<http://crazyegg.com/> or Userfly<http://userfly.com/> to help us out. But here is the kicker(s): we can't install a component on the server as the root user and the site isn't "live" -- you can see it on campus for not off (so if the tool needs to see the site from off campus it can't).

If anyone has any ideas or know of any tools that meet this criteria I would love to hear from you.

Since I don't think there is anything that meets that criteria I would also welcome advice, suggestions, etc. We are planning on doing a survey and sit down with users testing.

Thanks!

Lisa

Lisa Ennis, MS, MA
Systems Librarian / School of Nursing Co-Liaison
Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences
University of Alabama at Birmingham
(v)205.934.6322  (f)205.934.3545
http://www.uab.edu/lister

"In order to be really good as a librarian, everything counts towards your work, every play you go see,  every concert you hear, every trip you take, everything you read,  everything you know. I don't know of another occupation like that. The more you know, the better you're going to be."
--Allen Smith