[Web4lib] Does anyone need a federated OPAC search?

Peter Noerr pnoerr at museglobal.com
Tue Mar 23 21:09:14 EDT 2010

Ross,

Can you expound a bit on the last paragraph - about how awful the commercial fed search systems are - and the lack of imagination (mostly the lack of imagination)?

[For some reason this thread of emails is arriving in reverse order (and I still haven't got the 1:15PM from Tim from which you snip), so I am asking this a bit blind, as it may have been covered already.]

I'm not asking for a rant, but some of the points where you think they/we (yes I'm one) fail most miserably - in this particular area.

Peter Noerr